what is your favourite onomatopoeia

Friday 17 February 2012

Books

Books are my favourite thing in the world. You can read one and forget everything thats going on around you. Up until now, I've loved reading books, but now I  want to take it one step further: I want to write one. All my planning is TOP SECRET so I can't tell you anything about it apart from that it's completely different from something anyone has done before. But look out for the title I give you if/when it gets published.


Do you get that feeling when you walk into a book shop, a comforting feeling that can only be described as the bookshop feeling. It's sort of knowing that wherever you turn, the smell of freshly printed pages warms you and that the words surrounding you long to be read. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.


My quotes this time round have to be:


Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.


Ernest Dimnet


Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.


Clifford Stoll

No comments:

Post a Comment