what is your favourite onomatopoeia

Friday 3 February 2012

difficult friendships

Sometimes, your friends are good friends, sometimes you feel like their isolating you, when one friend is doing a job, another playing with someone else, another not at school and in the freezing cold, it doesn't feel so great. Sometimes you wish that everyone would like you, then you would never be lonely, but lets face it - that's never going to happen.


I hope it snows on Monday so there's no school, what could be worse than a freezing Monday at school when the sky could easily make it snow and you could stay at home with hot chocolate. The only lesson I would miss is maths, it's what I'm best at and we almost always do something fun (when we're not having a supply teacher). I even like tests, I think we should do them more often.


Today I want to end off on two quotes, both from Marie Curie, an inspirational scientist who I did my year five Victorian project on. She is a very interesting person to research.


'Nothing in life is to be feared, 
it is only to be understood. 
Now is the time to understand more, 
so that we may fear less.'

'I am among those who think that science has great beauty. 
A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: 
he is also a child placed before natural phenomena 
which impress him like a fairy tale.'

No comments:

Post a Comment